Finished Series: Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 5

Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 5 Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 5 by Kaori Yuki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While this series was enjoyable, it's definitely left me pondering on it for a bit. I am slightly confused with certain things and I will probably need to re-read this series again in the future with better focus. There are times where a series requires more thought and consideration while reading and this I feel is definitely one of those series. I also feel like I didn't afford it the focus that it needed which is why I think I will benefit from a re-read.

I do also wish that this series was given a few more chapters or volumes to round out the story. The mangaka mentions that due to space restrictions she wasn't able to write certain story lines the way she wanted, which is unfortunate. I definitely feel like this story would've benefited from having a few more pages.

The inclusion of Camelot Garden at the end of this installment was interesting. The mangaka touches on where she gets the opening poem for the story in the side bar and it is one that I am very familiar with. The art work is gorgeous and though I own several of this mangaka's series, this is the first series of hers that I have read. I will definitely be reading this series again and I look forward to experiencing more of her work.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update