Books: My Thoughts on The Ghost of Graylock

The Ghost of Graylock The Ghost of Graylock by Dan Poblocki
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I did enjoy this read and find it interesting, it definitely wasn't what I thought it would be going in. I picked this up in the Young Adult section of my library, so I expected a little more scare factor but that wasn't what I got. This is definitely more middle grade in my opinion.

I would say this is a mystery with light paranormal elements. While I found this to be predictable, I believe it would be an excellent read for an older child/young teen reader. I think a lot of my disappointment in this story revolves around the fact that I expected something written more for a Young Adult than a child/early teen.

That being said, this was enjoyable and easy to read. When everything comes together, things really got going. I think this was a good introduction to this author for me and will be looking into something else by him in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update