Books: My Thoughts on The Haunting of Blackwood House

The Haunting of Blackwood House The Haunting of Blackwood House by Darcy Coates
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While this was entertaining, the main character didn't make this read enjoyable. I had a lot of issues with Mara and her decisions as well as the fact that one minute she would be thinking one thing and then when an opportunity opened up to act on said thing, she'd disregard it and got so angry that was just plain ridiculous.

Her character development came too late and too fast in my opinion and it didn't make me like her any more as a character. Also, how things were handled in the end were predictable for me. The scare factor was pretty good so it did check that box for me, but that was probably the most enjoyable thing for me with this read.

I am definitely open to reading something else from this author in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update