Books: My Thoughts on House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City #1)

House of Earth and Blood House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

More like a 4.5

If you had told me when I first started reading this that by the end of this book my rating would be this high, I wouldn't have believed you. That first section and a bit were very hard for me to get into. Thankfully I was buddy reading this with my friend Amy from AStar Reads, so I had someone to discuss this with along the way. That definitely helped until it got to the point where I really started to enjoy this story. This was my first experience with this author's writing and she definitely uses some techniques that I don't enjoy. Once I got past my issues with that and things started tying together, everything went so much smoother for my reading experience. Because I had such a hard time in the beginning with this one, I could not justify giving it a full 5 stars.

I'm not much of an emotional reader and it takes a lot to get tears to roll down my face when I read something. I will say that this had tears falling from my eyes twice towards the end of this book. That's how invested I was in these characters. I'm really looking forward to continuing this series and so glad that I had someone to discuss this with because if I didn't have that, I may have DNF'd this book and missed out on such an entertaining story.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update