Knitting Diary | Tiny Windows Socks





Pattern: My own, incorporating the Umbrella Socks pattern by Kay Jones (link re-directs to Lovecrafts)

Paid or Free: Umbrella Socks pattern is a paid for pattern

Needle: US1 - 2.25

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll in Black and Pacific Tonal

Started: May 23-2020
Completed:

Notes:

CO 64

I've loved the honeycomb design of the Honeycomb Stroller Blanket (link re-directs to free pattern on Howstuffworks.com) since I knit it. I wanted to use it on something I could wear and I really have no need for another blanket. I'm trying out this idea with an afterthought heel to begin with, since I think it will be easier than trying to put in a heel flat and gusset as well as try to figure out the stitch pattern in the round.

5/26/20: Change of plans. The stitch count didn't work and once I figured out how to make it work, the design looks more like little windows than honeycombs. Same stitch technique, but smaller number of stitches and rows. So I changed the yarn and will be continuing with the look I have. (Originally cast on with Knit Picks Stroll in Black and Cascade Heritage in Gold Fusion).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections