#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse (Cape Bay Cafe Mysteries)


Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse  (Cape Bay Cafe Mystery, #1)Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse by Harper Lin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read for #Book1CoziesClub

More like a 3.5 - I've been meaning to read this for a while and when it came out of the selection jar, I was excited. This mystery was very easy to read and I really enjoyed it. Finding time to read lately has been very difficult, but every time I came back to this story, the chapters seemed to fly.

There were a couple times where I did get slightly irritated with Francesca's inner monologue, especially towards the end. I liked that she got reprimanded by the police officer working on the case at one point in the story. It's definitely not something I see often in cozy mysteries that I've read, and the fact that this installment doesn't include a love triangle was a big plus for me.

I'll definitely be continuing this series and checking out the author's other series.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update