Knitting Diary | Fire Side Chat Blanket


Pattern: Fire Side Chat Blanket by Molly Conroy (Link re-directs to Ravelry. As far as I can see, this pattern is not available elsewhere.)

Cost: Free as a Ravelry Download

Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love Yarn in Charcoal, Teal, Succulent, and Oxford Gray (1 skein each)

Needle Size: 15mm

Started: 7/1/2020
Finished:

Notes:

CO 97 to start.

My cousin called a month or so ago and let us know that he and his wife are expecting their first child! Of course, I had to knit a blanket for them. Since we do not yet know if it will be a boy or girl, I wanted a pattern that is unisex. I found the Fire Side Chat Blanket by Molly Conroy. This blanket uses super bulky yarn, but I decided to use a worsted weight yarn held double to get a bulky weight and a use a smaller needle.

Instead of striping the colors per the pattern, I will be marling the colors together, inspired by the Marl-a-long hosted by Amy from the Stranded Podcast (she talks about it in this video) and my City Limits Sweater. I purchased 4 skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love for this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update