#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Fundraising the Dead (Museum #1)

Fundraising the Dead Fundraising the Dead by Sheila Connolly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

More like a 2.5 - Read for #MarchMysteryMadness and #Book1CoziesClub

I really struggled to get into this book. In the end, I wouldn't say I got into it at all. It has put me in a bit of a reading slump if I'm honest.

Some of the things that happened during Nell's investigation seemed to only have been included to offer some racy material. Going ahead with investigative ideas that were illegal (which if any evidence was found wouldn't hold up in court), wasn't the best story telling road for me. Also, the investigation didn't hold any amount of suspense for me considering this is a mystery.

Since I own the next book in this series I will read it, but if this wasn't the case I'm not sure that I would continue. This author has other series that I have been interested so I will check out other work by her, but I was a bit disappointed in this one.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Books: My Thoughts on Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress #7.5)