Books: My Thoughts on Ruined

Ruined Ruined by Paula Morris
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've had this book on my To Read list for a while and finally got around to it. Unfortunately, it wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped it would be. This book took me over a month to finish. I really should've DNF'd it since I put it down for several weeks and didn't have a want to pick it back up. I was on my last renewal of this book with my library, and decided to finish it up since I had less than 100 pages to go.

I feel like the story did progress quite a bit towards the end, but it wasn't enough to push the level of enjoyment up for me. The twist at the end wasn't really surprising to me and I disliked the reasoning for a lot of the secrecy and actions that were taken. I was surprised to discover this is the first book in a duology, as I feel like the story is contained in this installment. That being said, I will not be reading the second book, though I may try another book by this author in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update