#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Murder on Astor Place (Gaslight Mysteries #1)

Murder on Astor Place Murder on Astor Place by Victoria Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read this for #Book1CoziesClub

This is hovering between a 2.5 and 3 for me. There are parts that were really engaging, but there were other parts that I really disliked. I'm surprised that the author went for this subject for her first book in the series. It's definitely not what you expect when you think of cozy mysteries. Yes, this one does involve an amateur sleuth and there isn't violence or bloody scenes, however the subject matter is much darker than I'm used to with cozies, and it may bother some. That being said, I do enjoy grittier mysteries as well, so that didn't bother me about this one.

I'm not sure if I will continue this series, to be honest. I had a lot of issues with Detective Malloy and I don't know if I liked where the author decided to take his character through out this book. I may pick up the second one to see how I feel about this, but I'm not eager to continue the series right now.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update