Books: My Thoughts on Bird Box

Bird BoxBird Box by Josh Malerman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. It's been a while since I've read anything creepy and this had just enough of it to keep me on my toes. Truthfully it is probably one of the best books I read all year. So now you're wondering why I didn't give it 5 stars.

What really lowered the rating for me was our main character Malorie. I just could not get behind some of the things she did or the way she acted. The way she raised her children could be classified as abuse, both physical and mental.

I do understand that in the world that this book occurs in, you couldn't possibly know how you yourself would act if raising children, but I don't agree with how she went about it. As a mom myself, she really boiled my blood and I couldn't bring myself to really care about her. I actually liked her better before she became a mom and am glad that with the way this book is formatted, we get to see that.

The ending of this book is another small issue for me. That being said, the longer I'm away from the book, the more I find myself wondering about the world. Maybe the end of this book doesn't actually bother me as much as I had originally thought.

If you haven't read this yet, I'd definitely recommend it. It wasn't creepy enough to keep me up at night, but it did hold just the right amount of creepiness and suspense to keep me reading.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer