Books: My Thoughts on The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3)

The Death Cure The Death Cure by James Dashner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've sat on my review a couple days as I'm not sure what to say about this book. I did already know a spoiler going into this so I was expecting that, but I was also expecting to dislike this book as a whole, which I didn't. I did end up liking it, but I didn't love it.

There were some surprises for sure and by this point I'm already accustomed to the slang, so that didn't bother me as much as it had before. I really enjoyed the throwback to the first book. I feel like that really brought everything together nicely, but I didn't feel like everything these characters had gone through was worth what the final result ended up being. I was sitting next to my mom (who already read the book) when I finished, closed the book, looked at her and said REALLY?!? And she just smiled and nodded. UGH.

I have been watching the movies and since the second movie veered so far off course, I do wonder how this last one will turn out on screen. I have been enjoying the movies, probably more than these books, so I'm looking forward to seeing the adaptation when it comes out. As far as this series goes, I think I'm done for now. I have no interest in reading the prequel novellas right now, but that's not to say that I will never read them. I think I just need some distance for the time being.

Read as part of the #bookbuddyathon to complete the challenges of reading a book with your buddy's favorite color on the cover and the Pick 3 challenge. This also counts towards my #finishingtheseries challenge as my fourth finished series of the year.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer