Books: March Reading Challenges Wrap Up

Time to update you with how I'm doing on the Reading Challenges I set for myself at the beginning of the year! I also participated in the March Mystery Madness Read-a-thon and I've included a list of the books I read for that as well. If you're interested in knowing my thoughts on any of the books below, I have review posts here on my blog as well as on Goodreads.




For this challenge, I strive to read at least one book off my physical shelf as well as one book through Scribd or Kindle Unlimited. These are the books I read to complete this challenge:
  • The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia #2) by C.S, Lewis
  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sister's Grimm #2) by Michael Buckley
  • Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura #3) by Jonathan Maberry - read on Scribd
  • The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia #3) by C.S, Lewis



For this series, I challenged myself to finish or become current on between 3-6 series in the year. I really don't want to include series that I both started and finished in the year in the initial 6 completed series target. We'll see how that goes, but here are the books I read towards this challenge:
  • The Dreaming (Trilogy) by Queenie Chan - Started & Completed in 2016
  • Black Bird (Volumes 15 & 16) by Kanoko Sakurakoji - 2 volumes left
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (Volumes 2 & 3) by C.S, Lewis - Started in 2016, 4 volumes left
  • The Sisters Grimm (Volume 2) by Michael Buckley - 7 volumes left
  • Benny Imura (Volume 3) by Jonathan Maberry - 1 volume left
  • Bakuman (Volume 2) by Tsugumi Ohba - Started in 2016, 18 volumes left
  • Witchcraft Works (Volumes 1 & 2) by Ryuu Mizunagi - Started in 2016, 7 volumes left
  • Bloody Kiss (Duology) by Kazuko Furumiya - Started and Completed in 2016

Total Completed Series to Date: 3
Total Completed Series to Date not including ones started and completed in 2016: 1

I also participated in #MarchMysteryMadness hosted by Troi Towel and LizzyFaye Loves Books. For that month long read-a-thon, I read three books:

  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm #2) by Michael Buckley
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) by Agatha Christie
  • The Trouble With Magic (A Bewitching Mystery #1) by Madelyn Alt
I did 3 buddy reads in March. The Chronicles of Narnia books were read with Lee (totallee books) and the Benny Imura book was read with Raul (latinlector).

Finally (in a non-reading related challenge) I completed one Korean Drama which was Oh My Ghostess. I also have my thoughts on the drama posted in a previous post.

So far, I think I'm doing pretty well in regards to the challenges I set for myself, but all the reading is still taking away from my crafting time. Still working on getting that fit in. How are you doing with any challenges you set for yourself? Hope you are all doing great!

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always

    ^
(   "   )
/___\     Di

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer