Books: My Thoughts on Striking Distance (Fence Novels 1)

Striking Distance Striking Distance by Sarah Rees Brennan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this audiobook for free from the Audiobook SYNC program one summer. Without any other experience into the Fence comics, this was entertaining. I definitely preferred the story line presented between Aiden and Harvard to the story between Nicholas and Seiji.

Even though it was entertaining, there were things that bothered me. Seiji definitely comes across with lots of sterotypes that I did not appreciate. For a book about a fencing team, there was very little reference to fencing at all. I would've liked to see them go to a meet or have scenes with them dueling each other for practice.

I think I will read the next installment because I want to see where the story goes for Aiden and Harvard specifically. That being said, this type of story where there is more drama than anything is not my usual type of book. I'm hoping the next installment will include some fencing it it as well.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections