Knitting Diary | Eight Bit

 


Pattern: Eight Bit by Lattes & Llamas (only on Ravelry)

Needle: US 2.5 - 3.00mm
              US 4 - 3.50mm

Yarn:  Lion Brand Mandala in Spirit
           Yarn Bee Soft & Sleek DK in Black

Started: September 10, 2020
Completed:

Notes: This will be my first all over colorwork garment

9/20/20: Knitting Diary | 8-bit & Vegas Vlog

10/5/20: Still on Clue 1, but I'm loving the look so far.

I got confused with the directions for chart A but didn't notice I worked it wrong until I was done with the first 15 rows.....Needless to say I had to rip it back and redo it. Apparently I'm the only one that didn't understand the instruction! When the instruction said work chart A around, I took that to mean work the chart the entire way around the sleeve and that was not right. I ripped back the 15 rows and worked chart A once then continued the grid pattern to the end of row. First repeat of Chart A is done now. Not sure that I like the way the increases look, but I figure that since it should be under the arm or close to it, that shouldn't really matter.

10/6/20: 3rd time's the charm! I had some time last night to really sit down and read the instructions without any distractions and I still couldn't wrap my head around what was being said.  In thinking back to how I usually work sweater sleeves, the increases and decreases are always on the sides of the BOR marker. So, I ripped back again everything that I had worked for Chart A. I re-worked Chart A from the beginning to the red line, repeated the chart between the red lines to 3 stitches before the end of round, then continued the chart. This seems correct to me. The increases still make the grid pattern look funky but like I said before, this should be on the underside of the sleeve and barely visible while wearing. I'm now halfway through the second repeat of Chart A and hopefully things will be smooth sailing from here on out.

10/8/20: Ok, well my row gauge has changed so after doing the Invincibility stars, my sleeve is 2 1/2 inches too long. I realized this after I finished the first repeat of the chart, but didn't have the brain space to rip back again and calculate everything. I'm just going to leave it for now. If I have to, I will tuck the ribbing under or do a folded cuff. I'll wait to decide until I finish the sweater and can put it on. First sleeve done.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update