Knitting Diary | Arachne

 

 


Pattern:  Arachne by Andi Satterlund (redirects to Untangling Knots)

Needle: US4 - 3.50mm

Yarn:  Knit Picks Galileo in Lunar and Pearl

Started: August 26, 2020
Completed: October 31, 2021

Notes:

It is too hot where I live to wear a full wool garment in October, so I though this wool/bamboo blend would be nice. My plan is to make the sleeves a bit shorter as well, 3/4 or less.

After swatching with a size 5, 4, and 3 needle, I couldn't get more than 18 stitches per 4 inches. With a size 2 needle, I got 19 stitches. Of course, as I went down in needle size, the stitch height got smaller and smaller, but the stitch width did not. After some thought, I decided to do some math and go ahead with a size 4 needle. With my gauge, I could work a Medium and get the right size (roughly a 54 inch bust which includes 6 inches of positive ease).

The plan is to work the colorwork incorporating the Ladderback Jacquard method, which is new to me. Also, not sure how the colorwork will look being that the yarn is 50% bamboo. I'm determined to make this work though so wish me luck!

9/7/20: 12 rows after the colorwork section gave me the yoke depth I needed, so I split for the sleeves. I am not doing any waist shaping, so I will knit for 96 rows and see how I feel about the length.

9/16/21: Decided to rip back to the sleeve split and put in some increases to give me a more A line shape.

10/16/21: Picked up sleeve with size 5 needles and worked 3/4 length sleeves. 12 rows of ribbing for hem and sleeve ends. 6 rows rib for neckline.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update