Finished Series: My Thoughts on A Shiver of Light (Merry Gentry #9)

A Shiver of Light A Shiver of Light by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

More like a 2.5

I don't feel like anything really happened in this installment. There were things that occurred that I don't feel were necessary to the story. Things happened in the last couple chapters that I have questions on weren't explained and I feel like the ending was very rushed.

Am I glad I read this last volume to complete the series? Yes. Could I have done without reading this last volume though? Yes. Being away from this series and these characters for eight years didn't hinder my reading experience of this book, but I do definitely feel like I could've lived with how the eighth installment ended and not have read this book. I think I would've much preferred a novella including the events in the last couple chapters of this book, but that answered the questions that arose due to those events.

Overall, I did enjoy this series as a whole and will be diving into the Anita Blake series soon.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections