Finished Series: My Thoughts on Beauty Bunny Vol. 8

Beauty Bunny Vol. 8 Beauty Bunny Vol. 8 by Mari Yoshino
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

More like a 4.5

I thoroughly enjoyed this series! I borrowed the first two volumes from Kindle Unlimited and was so hooked, I ended up buying the whole series digitally. I know it will be one that I will re-read again in the future.

This romantic comedy had me laughing out loud several times. I loved how we see Kohane hone her skills in makeup application and how she then starts to understand what her mom enjoys so much about not only makeup but skincare. As someone who enjoys these things as well, there were definitely things I could relate to. Also, the age difference between Kohane and her mom are very close to the age difference between my daughter and I, so their relationship was relatable in some instances as well.

On the outside, this story can look like it's only about outer beauty, however this story really focuses on inner beauty as well. I really loved seeing how each character came to understand their feelings for their respective partners. The illustrations are beautiful and I will be interested to see what else this mangaka has written because this story was very entertaining.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update