Finished Series: My Thoughts on The Suffering (Girl from the Well #2)

The Suffering The Suffering by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an entertaining read. The setting is definitely a place that lends itself to a story such as this and I thought it was the perfect backdrop for the events that unfolded. I listened to a good portion of this book in audiobook form though and that lends itself to a bit of my disappointment in the experience.

The pronunciations of Japanese words weren't always correct which gave me a bit of a cringe when heard. It's definitely disappointing that these weren't corrected during the recording. I probably could've done without the high school romance sections in this book as well as I don't feel like it lent anything to the story itself. Though I'm ok with where this story ended up, the end isn't exactly feasible for me if I think about what happens 10 or 20 years from where the story ended.

That being said, I definitely enjoyed this duology and look forward to reading more of this author's work in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections