Finished Series: My Thoughts on Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 12

Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 12 Afterschool Charisma, Vol. 12 by Kumiko Suekane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting series covering a lot of the questions and thoughts one could have about cloning. It definitely made me think about the subject as I was reading it. The summary of this series is a little misleading in regards to the series as a whole, but that didn't bother me very much and I actually expected where the story took me. I would've loved to see a little bit more at the end of the final volume, but I do think the story ended up in a very believable way.

There are definitely a few characters that I was more interested than others, but I did find all of the characters interesting. There were even a couple of historical figures that I had to look up because I hadn't heard of them before. There were a few scenes that involved female nudity in the first 5 volumes of this series that I did not appreciate and did not feel like they were appropriate in the situations that were being depicted. Other than that, I can't particularly think of anything else that I disliked about the series as a whole.

I did like the mangaka's art style and her depiction of these historical figures definitely made them unexpectedly relateable. I'll definitely be interested in reading more of her work in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update