Finished Series: Catacomb (Asylum #3)

Catacomb Catacomb by Madeleine Roux
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Again, I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first one, but I can't exactly tell you why. These books are really fast reads and I am glad that I finally read them. As far as this particular installment goes, I almost feel like it doesn't quite belong with the other two though.

Sure, we're following the same characters and there are connections, but the main thing that I feel ties the first two stories together, doesn't really apply to this one. I did enjoy finding out more about Dan. The elements were interesting also, but I feel like this is more like its own story. I think this is what throws me off when I think of this installment as part of a series. The end was a little abrupt for me as well. I fully expected for there to be more when I turned the page, but there wasn't any more.

Regardless of this, I did like these books and am looking forward to the other books in the series, as well as other work by this author.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer