Books: My Thoughts on Pretty Poison (Peggy Lee Garden Mysteries #1)

Pretty Poison Pretty Poison by Joyce Lavene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Probably more like a 3.5

This was one of January's picks for #Book1CoziesClub and I also finished it as part of #MarchMysteryMadness which I am co-hosting. This was enjoyable and I found the gardening tips and information on the flowers at the beginning of each chapter interesting. I do not have the gift of growing plants, but I may try some of the tips included in this book. I enjoy where Peggy Lee is in her life and how this story also shows the growth of her relationship with her son in the aftermath of her husband's passing.

For a little bit, I thought her interrogation style was going to be similar to another set of older sleuths that didn't quite agree with me. I'm glad that her interrogation style was different. I am finding that several cozy mystery sleuths are very stubborn LOL. Not sure I enjoy that and since I've been reading a lot of cozies, it may be bothering me more than it should.

I will be continuing to the next one when I can find it, as I did find this enjoyable. I look forward to more gardening tips and learning more about flowers.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer