Books: My Thoughts on Bubbles Unbound (Bubbles Yablonsky #1)

Bubbles Unbound Bubbles Unbound by Sarah Strohmeyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read for #Book1CoziesClub and #MarchMysteryMadness

I enjoyed this book. I could relate to Bubbles being a single mom and having struggles to find her place in life. I also enjoyed seeing her successes as the book progressed. She and her mother are pretty funny too.

This book is pretty dated to me. There were several references to bands I believe are 80's Hair Bands, but I'm not entirely sure. I think you definitely need to be a certain age to get all the references. It probably would've made the book more enjoyable for me as well. This does come with a few skincare recipes that I may try and a makeup tutorial that again, is dated, and I will not be trying ^_-

Something I did not enjoy was Bubbles' infatuation with a certain character, especially because we don't see this character very much during the entire book! Not InstaLove, but InstaLust for sure. That being said, I did still enjoy the book and the mystery was interesting. I was pretty sure who the culprit was and ended up being correct, but we are thrown several viable options along the way that did make me question if I had the correct person in mind.

All in all, this was pretty enjoyable and I am interested to see what Bubbles gets into in the next installment.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer