Books: August Reading Challenges Wrap Up

Here's my monthly update post of how I'm doing with my Reading Challenges to date.


#RockMyTBR - For this challenge, I set a goal for myself to read at least one book off my physical TBR every month. In addition to this list, I want to read one book from Kindle Unlimited to make sure I'm making use of that service. The books I read for this challenge are as follows:

  • The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland #1) by Catherynne M. Valente (buddy read with Raul from Latin Lector)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil #1) by Soman Chainani
As you can see, I again did not meet the challenge of reading a book from Kindle Unlimited....  (๑◕︵◕๑)

#FinishingtheSeries - For this challenge, I set a goal for myself to complete or become current on 3-6 series during the year. I am not counting series I start and finish in 2016 until I finish the initial 6. These are the books I read towards this challenge in August:
  • Fairy Tail Volumes 31 & 32 by Hiro Mashima
  • A Toxic Trousseau (Witchcraft Mysteries #8) by Juliet Blackwell - this is my 6th completed/up to date series for the year. With this, I have met my challenge goal, yeah!
I've done really good on this particular challenge this year. At the end of August, I have read 45 novels. This leaves me with 7 novels to read to reach my goal of 52 by the end of the year, which I am feeling super positive about meeting. I will be adjusting my Goodreads challenge to reflect these additional novels, as I have been for the last few months.


Let me know how you've been doing with your reading challenges. I hope you are all doing great!

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always

    ^
(   "   )
/___\     Di



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer