Books: My Thoughts on Pacific Vortex! (Dirk Pitt 1)

Pacific Vortex! Pacific Vortex! by Clive Cussler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not sure why, but this one took me a very long time to get through considering the number of pages it has. It took me three tries to get going with it and I had a very hard time getting into the story. It is set mostly on Oahu, somewhere I'm very familiar with, so I'm not sure why the story didn't grab me for a bit.

I would say about halfway through, I was more interested in the happenings. Towards the end though, it started to feel like Dirk Pitt was trying to be someone like James Bond, especially with the little love line thrown in. It even felt a little like a James Bond movie towards the end.

In the end, I do think this was an interesting and entertaining read, so I will be continuing to the next one.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books: My Thoughts on Meltdown (Sevens #4) by Scott Wallens

Books: My Thoughts on Grim Reaper: End of Days

May Wrap Up: Novels | 2019