Books: My Thoughts on From Below

From Below From Below by Darcy Coates
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Unfortunately, this was not as good as I was hoping it was going to be. Entertaining? Yes, but very slow to open. Once things got going, it was definitely suspenseful and mysterious, but this did not satisfy the horror aspect for me. It also took way too long to get there for me. I do think that if I was watching this story on screen, I may find this story to be more horror than suspenseful and mysterious, but my readthrough did not make me feel that way.

Jumping between timelines is not a storytelling technique that I enjoy, and this book does utilize that. One of the characters in particular, really made some dumb decisions and continued to make the same decision multiple times during this book, which got on my nerves. I think the author lost several chances to expand the heart pounding moments with the decisions this character made as well.

I'm glad I finally got around to reading this one and I was entertained while reading it, but it did fall short for me.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections