Books: My Thoughts on Stolen Tongues

Stolen Tongues Stolen Tongues by Felix Blackwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one is hanging at a 3.75 for me. I usually stick to halves when rating but this really is between a 3.5 and 4 for me.

This book started strong for me, but that feeling did not last the further I got into this book. It was not scary to me, but I would say I did feel a little unsettled. I'm sure if I was experiencing the events first hand, I would've been scared though.

I listened to the audiobook and I think I did myself a disservice by doing that. The narration wasn't very good. The way the lines were narrated took away from the suspense for me and the voice used for the female character was irritating to my ears. I do believe that if I re-read this in the future and stuck to the print, I will probably feel different about this story.

All in all, this was entertaining but not what I was hoping it would be.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections