Finished Series: My Thoughts on Devils' Line Volume 14 by Ryo Hanada

Devils' Line, Vol. 14Devils' Line, Vol. 14 by Ryo Hanada
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More like a 3.5 - Whole series rating is also a 3.5

This series ended up not being what I thought it was going to be and that is what lead to my disappointment. This is a series about relationships, which is not my usual cup of tea. That being said, it was an entertaining read.

We follow so many characters throughout this story that it felt more like we were having singular episodes with them instead of the series being a continuous story. A character I thought was going to be focused on more, ended up not being as important to the story as I thought they were going to be. Certain things were presented in a way that was confusing to me and I don't know if it was presented that way in order to keep the reader surprised with the reveal or if it was just the way I interpreted things.

Even though I was disappointed this time around, I do want to re-try this series sometime in the future. I think going into this series thinking the focus was going to be on other things really affected my enjoyment because I was constantly looking and waiting for a different focus in the story. Now that I know where the focus of this story lies, I can go into it with a different mindset and hopefully enjoy it more at a later date.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections