Books: My Thoughts on Dead Silence

Dead SilenceDead Silence by S.A. Barnes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More like a 3.5

There were definitely some interesting scenes in this book, but the main character was not enjoyable for me to read. The bouncing back and forth in the timeline also didn't help to keep my interest because of the things revealed during the present time. Considering how interested I was when I first heard about this book and how long it took me to read it, I do feel a bit let down.

I did try a little of this on audiobook and that took me out of the story even more, so I stuck with the ebook. I listened to about an hour of the audiobook and the narration changed the feel of the story for me, making it less interesting and enjoyable. I will say that once we stay in the present timeline, things really picked up for me and I enjoyed it more from there.

I will definitely try another book by this author in the future, but am a bit sad with how I feel about this one overall.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections