#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Murder in Her Stocking (Granny Reid Mysteries #1)

Murder in Her Stocking Murder in Her Stocking by G.A. McKevett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read for #Book1CoziesClub

I read the first book in the Savannah Reid series this year and enjoyed it. When I heard about this prequel series, I was curious. I am glad I checked it out because I did enjoy this one a bit more than Just Desserts.

At the very beginning of this book we are in present day, and I thought I was going to be spoiled for something in the Savannah Reid series, but I was not. At least, I don't feel like I was. It was interesting to see how Savannah was as a child, and also where she got her sleuthing gene from. Granny Reid was definitely an enjoyable character. I don't read many stories about sleuths who are older, so it was refreshing to read.

The investigation process was very laid back, which I thought was fitting especially because we're dealing with an granny and a child. I was prepared for how Savannah's mom treated her kids from reading Just Desserts unfortunately. This book does deal with excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, spousal abuse (both physical and verbal), and extramarital affairs for those of you who may be wanting to avoid reading about any of these subjects.

I listened to this one entirely on audiobook even though I do own a physical copy. The narration was slow, even though I had it playing at 2x speed, but it was still enjoyable to listen to. I'll definitely be reading the sequel, probably closer to October though as that one is depicted around Halloween.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update