Books: My Thoughts on House of Salt and Sorrows

House of Salt and Sorrows House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More like a 3.5

Maybe retellings are something I should try out more often! This was the second one I've read this year and I've enjoyed both. I was lucky enough to buddy read this with friends which made the experience all the more enjoyable. The story was very easy to read and the pages seemed to fly by.

That being said, there are things I wish had played more of a prominent roll in this story. I figured out something early on about one of the characters, which I hate because then I feel like I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen to/with said character. The spooky bits were nice, however I wish there were a lot more of them. I didn't like the way everything worked out in the end. That part of it didn't seem to fit at all for me.

In the end, I did enjoy this read even if it missed the mark on some points for me. I will definitely be looking to read more by this author in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update