Finished Series: My Thoughts on My Girlfriend's a Geek, Vol. 5

My Girlfriend's a Geek, Vol. 5 (My Girlfriend's a Geek My Girlfriend's a Geek, Vol. 5 (My Girlfriend's a Geek by Pentabu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this series so much more than I did. When I picked up this series, I thought maybe it would be an alternative to Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol 1, where the main character instead of not being able to maintain a relationship with a non-otaku, was able to and her partner was willing to learn about and even supported her hobbies. That is kind of what I got here, but there were so many things that bothered me about their relationship it really put a damper on my enjoyment the story.

It was definitely entertaining, but knowing that it was based on a true story made this not as enjoyable. I really have to wonder what the couple's relationship looks like outside of the otaku interactions as it doesn't seem like a very healthy relationship. Also, this story seems to cover a year or less of their relationship and I do wonder if they are still together.

Yen Press also released the author's actual blog posts in a light novel form I believe. While I am curious about how those led to this manga, I don't feel that reading the blog posts would change my feeling on this manga. That aside, the art in this series is beautiful and I would definitely look to read something else the artist has worked on.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update