Books: My Thoughts on Wild Country (The World of The Others #2)

Wild Country Wild Country by Anne Bishop
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

More like a 4.5

Still really enjoying this series. This book takes place during Etched in Bone, which I thought was interesting. I think this would've been better had it been the first book in the spin off series because of that though.

While I am still really enjoying this series and we do still get to spend time with characters we were introduced to in The Others series, there is still a little something missing for me. I think it is because we aren't spending dedicated time with the characters in the World of the Others series as we did with the characters in the Lakeside Courtyard. Each book has focused on a different main character so far. While the mysteries are still very interesting and the relationships between how the humans and terra indigene are tested, these feel more like standalone novels set in the same world than a series to me. I'm really not complaining because I'm so glad we get more in this world and seeing the different areas of the land is really interesting. I just think that because these books do not follow a main character throughout like the The Others did, that is what is missing for me in this series.

I listened to a good portion of this on audio again. I highly recommend the audiobooks! The narrator is excellent and really brings these characters to life for me.

Once again the wait for the next installment will be hard, but it is always worth it!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update