#Book1CoziesClub: My Thoughts on Just Desserts (Savannah Reid #1)

Just Desserts Just Desserts by G.A. McKevett
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read for #Book1CoziesClub

Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this read as much as I thought I was going to when I first started. Though this is considered a cozy, I don't think it would appeal to the normal cozy reader as the murder was quite gruesome and there is definitely more racy content contained in this story. Not something that bothered me at all as I do also read grittier mysteries, but just something I think might bother someone who looks to cozies for less violent or racy themes.

I disliked the parts regarding Savannah's sister. Not sure what that brought to the story at all, besides throwing in family drama. That actually made this story less enjoyable for me. With it being a first book in a series, I think maybe waiting for the family drama to be introduced could've waited.

I will probably read the next installment as I am curious how these characters get on in the future, but I won't be jumping to read it right away.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer