Books: My Thoughts on Dracula

Dracula Dracula by Bram Stoker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one is hovering between a 2.5 and 3 for me. A few times, I was very interested in what was going on, but most of the time I was just passively reading/listening to what was being told. I think that if I didn't incorporate listening to the full cast audiobook with Alan Cumming and Tim Curry, combined with the fact that my friend was doing a readalong of this, I probably would've dropped it.

Am I glad I finally got this classic read? Of course, but I can't say that it wasn't a disappointing experience. I couldn't get invested in the story and I have to admit that this tale did not bring on a sense of fright in me at all. The end was anti-climactic and I felt let down by having to read all those pages before it for the end to be what it is.

The audiobook version I listened to was a great asset to this story. Had I not had that, I probably wouldn't have finished. If I did, I'm sure this would have a lower rating from me. Though this read was disappointing to me, I am glad to have another Classic read and appreciate that it has been the basis for many films, shows, and stories which I enjoy better than the original.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

#MarchMysteryMadness: Wrap Up and Update