Books: My Thoughts on Shadowland (Mediator #1) by Meg Cabot

Shadowland Shadowland by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fast and enjoyable read. I definitely need to read more books by Meg Cabot.

The story explained Suze's gift well and provided a great set-up for the series in my opinion. I love Suze's sass and how her ways of doing her job raises a brow in her new environment but she just does it anyway because it's the most effective way she knows. Also loved that she nicknamed her step-brothers after dwarfs from Snow White, though after finishing this book, I only remember one of the step-brother's real names.

I listened to some of this story on audiobook and thought the narrator did a good job. Will definitely be continuing the series.

Spoiler follows. Highlight to view: I was kind of hoping to see Father Dom in action, but maybe in the next installment. I think it will be very interesting for Suze to be able to learn new techniques from someone and also collaborate and bounce ideas off others since she's been alone in this for so long. I also really enjoy watching her relationship grow with the youngest of the step-brothers and how she's letting him in on a part of her life that she hasn't even shared with her mother.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer