Reading Challenges for 2016

As of right now, I have read 116 books this year. That is a big difference from the 38 I managed to read last year (I also failed my reading challenge miserably last year, if you remember my post on it). I believe that I was able to read as many books as I did this year in large part to being introduced to BookTube and also the reading challenges and buddy reads that I participated in. In light of this, I thought it would be great to start 2016 off with a bang, and participate in a few challenges right off the bat. I saw the two following challenges over at Laura's (mom2triplets04) blog here.

The first challenge I'm participating in is #RockMyTBR as hosted by Sarah K at the YA Book Traveler. The challenge is to read at least 1 book a month off your TBR. This was something I was thinking about before I heard of this challenge anyway, so I thought that it would be great to be participating with a group. If you're interested in joining, you can click here, and it will take you to the introductory post.


I'm going to read at least one book off my TBR every month next year, but I may try to do more depending on my reading mood. I am also going to have that book be off my physical shelf, and not let it be one that I don't own. As you may or may not know, my TBR shelf on Goodreads includes books that I don't own as well (which is another reason why the total is out of this world lol). If you are interested in buddy reading any of the books on my TBR shelf, I will link it here for you to peruse.

The second challenge I'm joining will be the Finishing the Series Challenge hosted by Bea's Book Nook. Introductory post is here.


This again was something I was considering before I found out about the group. Out of curiosity, I made a list of all the series I am currently in the middle of and the list is almost 3 pages long! I know there are other series that I want to start next year as well, so I better pare down my list to make room. This will be the perfect motivator.

I will be signing up under Level 3 (Experienced) to complete or be current on 3-6 series in the year. Again, I'm not going to make a TBR for this as I do not know which series I will be in the mood for.

Lastly, I will be participating in #TBRTakedown 3.0 as hosted by Shannon at leaninglights from January 4-10. Info post is here. This will be my first time participating in this particular read-a-thon, but I think it will really help me start the year off on the right foot, reading wise. I have not made my TBR for this read-a-thon yet, but once I do, it will be posted on this blog.

Let me know if you will be participating in any of these! Also, I'm looking to do more buddy or group reads in 2016, so if you're interested in buddy reading something with me, please let me know on any of my social media sites or down in the comments. Hope you are all doing great (✿◠‿◠)

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always!

    ^
(   "   )
/___\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer