Books: My Thoughts on City of Villains (City of Villains #1)

City of Villains City of Villains by Estelle Laure
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This story probably would've worked better for me if the characters weren't Disney Villains. From the start there was a bit of guessing as to who each character we met was. Some were very obvious, but others were not to me. I had a bit of a hard time getting into this when reading physically, so I switched to audio, which was a much better experience for me.

The mystery aspect was interesting but there was too much teen drama for me. Mary definitely got on my nerves a time or two. I think that now all the setup is done and the action has started, the next installment should move along nicely. I will be trying the next installment, which hopefully will work better for me, and I'm looking forward to seeing where everything goes from here.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections