Books: My Thoughts on Crush (Karen Vail #2)

Crush Crush by Alan Jacobson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Probably more like a 3.5

While this did keep my interest, I don't feel like I enjoyed it as much as the first book in this series. I also inadvertently ended up reading two books about wineries at the same time, which is something I know nothing about. This one was more interesting to me than the other though. Karen's actions in this installment bothered me and I felt disconnected from her character. The point of view bounced around quite a bit especially at the end. That made it hard to figure out from who we were seeing things occur. This installment leaves off on a cliffhanger so be prepared to jump into the next one if you are the type of person who doesn't like those types of endings.

I listened to this one entirely on audio and even with the changes in voice, it was still a bit disorienting towards the end. I did enjoy the presentation though. Unfortunately my library does not offer the audiobook of the next installment, so I will be reading the ebook. I do wonder if that will impact my experience with this series as I did also listen to the first one. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the next one.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections