Finished Series: The Shadow Glass (The Bone Witch #3)

The Shadow Glass The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

More like a 3.5

While this story was interesting, the story telling style did not work for me. This read also enforced the reason why I do not read series as they are releasing. I had such trouble remembering what happened in the first book that by the end of this book it was frustrating. I don't always want to have to re-read the previous installments before heading into the final installment of a series. Granted there times when I do, however this series was not one that I wanted to invest the time of a re-read to. This again goes back to the style this book was presented though, as remembering what happened at the very beginning of the first book is relevant to things that happen at the end of this one.

I ended up listening to almost the entirety of this installment in audio because the physical copy made it hard for me to remember which character's point of view I was in during each chapter. This was a major plus for the audiobook because having different narrators to indicate which point of view we were in made the story a lot clearer to me. That being said, I still do wish this story was presented in a more fluid fashion instead of jumping back and forth all the time, not only from the points of view but in the story line as well.

I have read another series by this author and did enjoy that one also. I'll definitely be on the look out for this author's work in the future.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer