Books: My Thoughts on The Strain (The Strain Trilogy #1)

The Strain The Strain by Guillermo del Toro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not what I was expecting. I thought it would be scarier, but this definitely did not keep me up at night. I'm sure if I watched the TV show, that would though. Not sure what it was that didn't hold my interest, but I also feel like I didn't really connect with any of the characters. The cast list is very large, which had me wondering who, other than the characters that show up regularly, should we be concerned with?

I did find the vampires in this story interesting, as far as how they turn and the physical changes that occur. Other than that though, I'm not feeling the need or want to pick up the next one at this time, even though I do own it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer