Books: My Thoughts on Etched in Bone (The Others #5)

Etched in Bone Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I haven't anticipated a book like I anticipated this one in a very long time. It was everything I wanted and I'm not ashamed to say that I was smiling pretty big at the end. Bittersweet that, though I know it's not the end of the series, we will be shifting focus to some other characters in future books.

This book really brought a focus on family. What it means to be a part of the pack, how far do you allow a child or sibling to push you before it's too far? What does family look like? That being said, this story brought a character that was particularly despicable and his use of foul language was plentiful. There is physical abuse in this story as well.

The courtyard dynamics were very interesting. This is definitely going to need a re-read as I fear I missed a few things in my excitement of absorbing the audiobook, especially towards the end. Thankfully I don't have long to wait until it's my turn to receive a copy at my library. This one had such a satisfying ending as well! Seriously, it's what I have been waiting for since I read Written in Red. I recommend this series all the time and I'm going to continue doing so. It's definitely a favorite for me as far as series go!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer