Books: May Reading Challenges Wrap Up

I'm back with another update on how I'm doing on the reading challenges I set for myself at the beginning of the year!


#RockMyTBR - For this challenge, I set a goal for myself to read at least one book off my physical TBR every month. In addition to this list, I want to read one book from Scribd or Kindle Unlimited to make sure I'm making use of those services.


I paused my subscription with Scribd last month because their most recent change to their service restricts how I can use their service. When I signed up it was an unlimited service. I could read whatever, whenever I wanted. Then they added audiobooks, sheet music, and comics and made a couple more changes. Now with the subscription, we only get 3 Ebook credits and 1 audiobook credit a month. I would much prefer if they'd give us 4 credits to use as we please, and I've mentioned it to them. This is why I paused the subscription as opposed to cancelling it all together. But that's a story for another day. Towards the #RockMyTBR challenge I read the following titles in May:

  • Fire and Ash (Benny Imura #4) by Jonathan Maberry - on Scribd
  • The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner
  • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (The Chronicles of Narnia #5) by C.S. Lewis

#FinishingtheSeries - For this challenge, I set a goal for myself to complete or become current on 3-6 series during the year. I am not counting series I start and finish in 2016 until I finish the initial 6. In May, I read the following titles towards this challenge:

  • Fire and Ash (Benny Imura #4) by Jonathan Maberry - my third finished series of the year
  • The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner - my fourth finished series of the year
  • Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) by Anne Bishop - became current on my fifth series of the year
  • Fairy Tail Volume 26 by Hiro Mashima
I have noticed since I started the #RockMyTBR challenge that I do not utilize the Kindle Unlimited service as much as I do Scribd. Now that my Scribd subscription is paused, I will need to make sure to read something off of Kindle Unlimited in June. I did sign up for a 2 year Kindle Unlimited subscription during their Prime Day last year, so I do have another year with them before my subscription expires. I'll need to keep an eye on my usage and decide if I find the subscription worth it for me when it comes time to renew next year.

I have been reading a ton of manga lately. I think I'm going into a slump honestly. None of the books I'm currently reading is keeping my interest, and I keep reaching for a volume of manga instead. I want to make sure that my Goodreads challenge includes 52 books (not including the manga, but I will include novellas), so I will be increasing my Goodreads goal to adjust for this. As of the end of May, I've read 32 books so far, so I'll be increasing my Goodreads goal by 20. I'll be doing this every month until I hit the 52 book goal.

How are you doing on your reading goals? I hope you are all doing great!

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always

    ^
(   "   )
/___\     Di




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer