Books: My Thoughts on The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland #3)

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two by Catherynne M. Valente
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Listened to this one on audiobook and I have to say that the experience this time around was much easier than I had with the previous installments. The narration was very soothing also.

These books are never what I expect, to be honest. We find September a year older in this one, but she doesn't seem to have matured at all. The story wasn't gripping for me and I really think I need that for a book to be more than just enjoyable. These books are definitely more like a stroll where the destination is never really set until you get there. At least that's how I feel. The uncertainty of where the story is finally going to end up I think also hinders my enjoyment because I'm constantly looking for how the story will resolve.

I will still continue with the series as I do like them. The end of these books always makes me curious about what will happen in the next installment, and this one didn't disappoint in that regard.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer