Book Blurb: Passion (Fallen #3) by Lauren Kate and Reading Update



It has been a while since I finished a book that wasn't a manga! This review is for the audiobook version. Goodreads is not posting it to my blog as I believe there are a few technical issues, so below is the review I left on there for this book:.

I gave this 2 stars but I would say this was more like a 2.5 star read for me. The additional half star would definitely come from the last 10% of the book. 

This was a VERY slow listen for me. I've listened to the audio version of the first and second installments as well, but this one just grated on my nerves. I found Luce to be very whiny. I think if I had read it on a page, it wouldn't have irritated me as much as it did listening to it. I believe it also says something when you're listening to a book and you're constantly saying out loud "You're an idiot!" (in regards to Luce) LOL. I did that a lot during this listen unfortunately. 

Once Luce got over her insecurities about Daniel's love for her though, the book got better for me. I did especially enjoy Luce's last two visits to her previous lives and Daniel's journey in trying to find Luce in their past.

I think I may skip the novella that's next, but I will be reading the final installment(as I am the type of person who has to find out how it ends, even if the story is just ok). I am going to try actually reading it rather than listening to it as I have done with all the previous installments. I'm not feeling the need to jump into it right away though, which I suppose confirms the fact that this is has been just an ok series for me.

I have also finished mountain of manga (and returned them to the library) only to come home with another mountain of manga! My Goodreads Reading Challenge is already completed due to this fact. I do count manga volumes as books, but I do have books I want to read that are not manga on the horizon. I was thinking this morning that I should really make myself start reading from my TBR list as it just keeps growing and growing. I currently have 1169 books on that list, YIKES!

My thought is that I will use a Random Number Generator to help me pick a book off the list a few times a month. Of course, being the type of reader I am, I will not start a series where most if not all the books are already published, so that will definitely be an exception should I pick a series that isn't close to being completed. Let me know how you deal with your TBR list.

PopSugar Reading Challenge 2015: I'm going to file this under A book a friend recommended as my friend did recommend the series to me, check!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer