Reading, Crocheting, Knitting & KDramas: What I've Been Up To

Ok...I'm a terrible blogger LOL.  Truthfully, I'm still trying to figure out this whole blogging thing.  Should I put up a blog if it's only going to be a couple sentences is a question that runs through my head a lot.  You can tell that the answer to that question is always No, which is why you haven't heard from me in over a month, Sorry!

I've been up to a few things, and thought I'd fill you in.  First off, if you recall at the end of 2014, I wrote a blog about my failed attempt at the Reading Challenge that year.  I just became uninspired to read from the middle of the year to the end.  The books I was reading at the time, just weren't grabbing me.  I put them on the side and didn't feel the need or want to pick them up or to even read anything else. Hence the failure (╯︵╰,)

I'm attempting the Reading Challenge again this year and of course got off to a rocky start.  I have just completed my first book of the year and I enjoyed it so much that I not only finished it in one day, but I dove right into another book!  Though I am still behind what my pace should be if I am to complete the challenge this year, at least I'm into reading again.  The book that brought me out of my rut? When by Victoria Laurie. 



I'll do a blurb on it in a separate post, otherwise this post will be super long (as if it's not going to be super long as it is).  The very short review is that I loved it and totally recommend it. I don't think I've ever read a book (first time through) in one day.  I did re-read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling in one day years ago (in preparation for the movie), but the first time I read it, it took me much longer to get through it.

As a reference guide to my Reading Challenge this year, I'm incorporating the PopSugar Reading Challenge.  I say reference guide, because I will probably not read all the suggested themes on the PopSugar list, but I will use it for reference if there is ever a time I have no idea what to read next. Plus it will be fun to see what themes I do check off with what I do decide to read throughout the year.  I'm checking off  "A book you can finish in a day" with When.

On the crochet side of things, I am working on a super secret project.  I can't really say anything because it's a gift for someone and I want it to be a complete surprise.  What I can say is that it's taking me FOREVER to finish, but it will be worth it when it's done.  I'll also be working on a Crochet-a-long this year with Totallee.net.  If you haven't seen Lee's work, I highly recommend you go take a look on her blog.  She makes these awesome crochet portraits and I'm excited to be participating in a CAL with her.  I'll be posting updates here on my progress with that, so keep an eye out!

As far as the knitting goes, I've completed the knit portion of my These Are The Breaks Capelet by obliviousknits for the #hooigkal2015 on Instagram.  



I posted about the #getyouryarnwishesgranted tag that was going around Instagram last year, and a knit-a-long was created as a continuation of that tag.  I am happy to report that the fundraiser was a success!  As for the KAL, it runs until the end of this month and I just have to block my capelet to be completely done and entered to win some awesome prizes.

Lastly, I finished my first Korean Drama of the year.  Like reading, Korean Dramas got pushed to the side a bit about the same time my reading did.  The two dramas we were watching were just OK and I didn't feel any urgency to finish them at the time.  We did finally finish one of them, Bachelor's Vegetable Store.  In the end, I really did enjoy the drama.  It's just a little hard to read subtitles and work on a project that also needs your complete attention, which is another reason dramas got pushed to the side.  I actually owned the soundtrack to this one before we even started watching the drama, because I found it for a great price on YesAsia during one of their sales.  Now that we've completed the drama, I'm glad that I have it because there are a couple of tracks that I love.  I'm not much of a drama re-watcher, but I do re-live the dramas through the soundtracks.  You'll know if I enjoyed a drama if I own the soundtrack.



Well, that should do it.  Guess this should teach me to not wait until I have a whole bunch of stuff to write about before I post again ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Anyway, I hope you've been great and until next time...

    ^
(   "   )
/___\   Take Care and Smile Always!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer