Books: Beat the Backlist Challenge 2017


One of my goals for 2017 is again to read from my own shelves. I participated in #RockMyTBR in 2016 and accomplished what I set out to do, but I wanted to try something different this year. I was just going to go about completing a "Read From My Own Shelves" type challenge myself, without participating in one already out there, but then I stumbled across the Beat the Backlist Challenge which is hosted by NovelKnight.


This one had some fun Hogwarts mini-challenges, so I decided I wanted to give this one a try this time around. I will be participating as part of Ravenclaw house for those mini challenges! This challenge is also perfect for me because I do not read a lot of new release books. I'd say less than ten percent of the books I read in one year are new releases.

Now on to my TBR. I decided to post 26 titles as my plan is to read 52 novels in 2017. Not all of these books will be from my personal library as there are series that I would like to finish which I don't own the books to. This is just a tentative list as I am a mood reader, so I don't know what may fit my fancy at any one time. I will try to read from this list, but no promises!



  1. The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles #3) by Rick Riordan
  2. The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan
  3. Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers #2) by Ridley Pearson
  4. The Diviners (Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
  5. Patient Zero (Joe Ledger #1) by Jonathan Maberry
  6. Redeemed (House of Night #12) by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast
  7. Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate
  8. Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #2) by L.M. Montgomery
  9. Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swenson #3) by Joanne Fluke
  10. False Mermaid (Nora Gavin #3) by Erin Hart
  11. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  12. A Thousand Miles to Freedom: My Escape from North Korea by Kim EunSun
  13. The Black Isle by Sandi Tan
  14. The Vampire's Secret (Savannah Vampire #2) by Raven Hart
  15. Betrayal by R.L. Stine
  16. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
  17. The Midnight Club by Christopher Pike
  18. Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard
  19. Legacy of Kings (Blood of Gods and Royals) by Eleanor Herman
  20. Taliesin (The Pendragon Cycle #1) by Stephen R. Lawhead
  21. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien
  22. The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer
  23. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
  24. The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl
  25. Left to Die (To Die #1) by Lisa Jackson
  26. A Shiver of Light (Merry Gentry #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton
So that's it for my tentative TBR. Let me know if you'll be participating in this challenge as well! I hope you are all doing great. 

Until Next Time, Take Care & Smi-Le Always

   ^
(  "  )
/__\  Di





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer