Books: My Thoughts on Shattered (Sevens #1) by Scott Wallens

Shattered Shattered by Scott Wallens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Actually a 2.5 I think.

As this is the first book in the series, there are a lot of character introductions. Though the cover leads you to believe that this book is focused on Meena, it isn't. I would say about half of this book does focus on this one character though. Also, I should mention that the summary on the cover is a bit misleading.

Already in this first installment, we see a lot of issues being raised. Each of the characters seem to be going through something serious in the present, but are all linked by something that happened in the past. There isn't a lot of backstory though and I think unraveling that is part of unlocking the mystery of what happened to them seven years ago.

In the end, this book was just ok for me. I will be continuing with the series because I have all installments, though I hope that as I unlock the mystery the series gets more entertaining for me. Read as part of the #Rainbowthon 2.0 read-a-thon.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Scent Sunday: Weekly Wax Wrap Up featuring the Wish and Willy Wonka Collections