Book Blurb: Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't decided if his is a solid 4 stars or 3.5 stars, but since I round up my ratings, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

This book was slow going for me until after the 50% mark. I found Juliette weak and whiny up until that mark as well. Such a let down after how strong I perceived her to be in the first book. The romantic elements were so over the top, they were unbelievable. It did offer the opportunity for some good banter on it though with the person I buddy read this with.

That being said, after the 50% mark the story flew for me. I did really enjoy it and ended up absorbing the last half in a few hours. My favorite character is still Kenji. He just says what needs to be said and had some great lines/speeches throughout the story. I'm still not sold on Adam or Warner.

At this point, I am looking forward to seeing how the story ends, but I hope that the end does not hold disappointment for me.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer