Books: My Thoughts on First Family (Sean King and Michelle Maxwell #4)

First Family First Family by David Baldacci
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read with World of Sleuths Readalongs. Also counting this for #OurLostLibrary #Lostathon for the Audiobook, Golden Leaves, and Over 400 Pages Squares.

I liked this one much better than book 3. I again listened to a majority of this one on audiobook, but the narrator is different than the previous installments. It's a little jarring when you're used to a certain voice for a character and then it gets changed up on you. It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I didn't listen to them so close together. I did still enjoy listening to the narration. They started adding sound effects at the ends of chapters and during suspenseful sections, which I'm not sure I like, but I still thought the story was interesting.

It does touch on things that were brought up in book 3 and there is a separate case that I didn't quite put together why it was a part of this story, until we're told how it ties in. It also deals with some topics which could be triggering to some. I am still enjoying seeing King and Maxwell's teamwork and am looking forward to the next installment.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Live Action Movie Parts 1 & 2

Books: My Thoughts on The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7)

Monochrome Manga Club First Impressions | Hatsu*Haru, Penguin & House, and Demon Slayer